I think we can all assume that the next time we went, I ordered the pulled pork.
This recipe is very simple using your crock pot. You will only need these 5 ingredients.
*Prep time - 10 min
*Cook time - 6 hrs in crock pot, *optional: 20 min in oven (few min on broil for crispiness)
2 lbs of pork tenderloins - I prefer boneless
1 can root beer - A&W!
1 white onion, sliced & separated in two piles
1 tbs liquid smoke
18 oz of any bbq sauce -your choice! (I used Sweet Baby Rays - Sweet 'n Spicy)
Salt & Pepper
Buns! I don't prefer hamburger buns for this..so I get some from the bakery.
*1/4-1/2 cup honey (optional)
2. Season your pork with salt & pepper and place over the onions - add the remaining onions on top of the pork.
3. Pour can of root beer & liquid smoke into the crock pot.
4. Cook on LOW for 6 hours
5. Shred pork with fork and place in baking dish. Drain out root beer from crock pot but save some of the sliced onions and place them in baking dish as well. * You are done using the crock pot now.
6. Add your bbq sauce (& honey if you choose) and mix well in baking dish.
7. Bake in oven on 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, the last few minutes I put on broil to get some crispiness on the top.
8. Serve on buns
*We made roasted corn (Recipe here) and french fries with this one.