*pics to come*
Serves: 10 (or lots of leftovers, yum!)
Cook prep time: 30-35 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hr, 5 min
What you will need:
1 box medium shell noodles (or elbow)
1 stick of salted butter
1/2 cup flour
6 to 7 cups of milk (the more milk, the creamier)
16 oz. cheese, shredded (mix it up, use yellow cheeses, or white cheese, or smelly cheeses lol whatever you like)
1/2 tbs ground mustard (powder)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
What to do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles per box while you work on the below -
1. In a large pot on medium heat, melt the butter then add the flour and stir until blended. This will create a rue which is a tan, creamy paste.
2. Slowly add milk, about 1/2 cup at a time, and stir constantly. (this step will take about 15-20 minutes, try not to rush it - keep the mixture on the thicker side)
3. Once all of the milk is added, lower heat. Add ground mustard, salt, paprika, and stir. Stir in cheese. Remove from heat and stir until cheese is melted in, creating a creamy cheese sauce.
4. Add noodles, then cheese sauce to a large casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbling. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes before serving.
With any leftover mac and cheese, be sure to check out my deep fried mac and cheese balls! Fried mac and cheese balls