Hi y'all! Check out the latest blog post .. a great idea for perfect outdoor lighting. We can officially say that we have a backyard for entertaining! Our new house (we've been there for 5 weeks now) has really come a long way! Below are a few instructions on how we put together this little project of ours.
What we needed:
- Two 8' cedar poles
- 4 long screws (used a drill)
- 5 screw-in hooks
- Three sets of 20' globe string lights (Bed bath & Beyond)
- A saw
- Measuring tape
What we did:
- We measured the height and distance of where we wanted the poles to go. We chose to have the poles 5 ft above the railing.
- Attached one screw hook into the top of each cedar pole. We also attached three more screw hooks into the siding of the house.
- Trimmed 1 inch piece of wood off of each pole. This 1 inch piece was shoved between the pole and the lower part of deck. Since the top of the railing sticks out further than the bottom, we needed to shove a piece in between to make sure the pole was standing straight (not angled). You will have to measure the length needed. *I will add a picture to show you exactly what I mean.*
- Screwed poles into deck railing (two screws in each pole).
- Hung lights through all 5 hooks. Hang them loose, or tight depending on the available height (remember people need to walk around)!