Serves: 4-10 servings (makes a great appetizer!)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 lb chop meat
1/2 cup medium chunky salsa
1/4 cup water
3 tbs taco seasoning
1/2 cup shredded four cheese (I use Mexican style), split into 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup
2 tbs Sriracha Sauce
2 packages of crescent rolls
Garlic powder, to taste
Onion powder, to taste
Italian seasoning, to taste
Optional: Sour Cream, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Black olives, etc.
*1 pizza stone (or baking sheet)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large pan, brown beef on medium high heat. Once browned, drain fat and grease from meat and pat dry. Place beef back into pan, add salsa, 1/4 cup cheese, water, taco seasoning and sriracha sauce. Mix well and continue to cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Lightly flour pizza stone. Set up your crescent rolls on stone (or baking sheet) into a sun shape, like shown below.
3. With a large spoon, fill the rim of your crescent rolls with meat, then top with the other 1/4 cup of cheese.
4. Fold over the crescent rolls to cover the meat. Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning around the ring.
5. Bake taco ring at 400 degrees for ~12 minutes until golden brown. Serve with hot sauce, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, etc! * Can fill center of taco ring with these ingredients for a pretty display.