Crispy, Crunchy, with a little kick of spice! These mozzarella sticks are not only fun to make, but very easy too! If you know me by now, you won't have to guess if I used my Oster deep fryer (of course I did!)..
Servings: 24 mozzarella sticks
Prep time: 15 minutes
Freezer time: 2 hours
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 pack of string cheese, part skim
1 cup flour
4 eggs, whisked in a dipping tray/bowl
2 tbs water
Salt & Pepper
Breadcrumbs - My secret.. I mixed Chipotle Panko, Panko Flakes, and Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (about 3/4 cups of each)
Oil for Frying
1. Line up string cheese and cut them in half with a pizza cutter.
2. In 3 separate bowls - fill one with flour, one with egg wash (salt pepper and water), and one with the breadcrumbs, mixed.
3. Prep a baking sheet lined with wax paper. A few at a time, rinse the string cheese in a small amount of water and shake off. Dip in flour, then egg wash, then breadcrumb. REPEAT: dip again in the egg wash, then breadcrumbs. Place aside on baking sheet.
4. Once all the cheese sticks are dipped and coated, cover with foil and place in freezer for 2 hours.
5. Preheat oil to 350 degrees (again, I used a deep fryer). Fry 5-6 mozzarella sticks at a time, moving constantly with a fork. About 2-2 1/2 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with some hot marinara sauce and like always, ENJOY!