Crispy Cheddar Chicken
I adapted this recipe from Jamie -- you can see her recipe: here
3 boneless chicken breast
1/2 cup milk
2 cups of shredded cheese (cheddar, or any other kind you prefer)
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed (you can use a mini chop, or place in zip lock back and crush them by hand)
For the sauce:
1 can of cream of chicken soup, I like to strain out pcs of chicken
2 tbs of sour cream
2 tbs of butter
1. Cut the chicken into smaller pieces (halves or three's)
2. Fill up 3 separate bowls with milk, cheese and crushed ritz crackers (add salt and pepper into the crackers and mix)
3. Dip chicken into milk, then cheese, then crackers
4. Place chicken into a greased casserole dish. Add some dry parsley before placing in oven
5. Cover with foil - bake @ 400 degrees for 35 mins, then remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes. The last few minutes I like to put oven on Broil to get a nice crisp on top going.
6. For the sauce, pour soup (with 1 can of water) into medium sauce pan.
Add 2 tbs of sour cream and 2 tbs of butter -- heat on medium over stove.
I made this dish with rice. It came out delish! I am glad to find this recipe from jaimecooksitup.net - I am excited to make it for the next time we have company over!