This recipe is for my handsome husband. As much as he can be salty, he is also sweet! This recipe has the perfect sweet and salty combo with a tasty char to go along. My husband Kevin and I recently tried brussel sprouts for the first time on Christmas day. The typical recipes from my family call for salt, pepper and olive oil - bake in the oven and wah lah! Thinking of things to add to this, bacon was a must. But I had some extra gruyere cheese in the fridge and had to use that too!
Hope you like it!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
Ingredients: (*see bacon note)
24 oz trimmed brussel sprouts - if small, you can leave them whole (or half them if preferred)
1 tsp truffle salt
Pepper, to taste
2 tbs EVOO
8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 heaping cup of shredded gruyere cheese
*Optional: 1 tbs grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a large bowl, mix together (with your hands) brussel sprouts, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, olive oil.
2. Place mixture on foil lined baking sheet.
3. Bake for 20 minutes, shaking pan occasionally.
4. Carefully pull pan out of oven and add bacon crumbles and gruyere cheese.
5. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Sprinkle on some parmesan cheese, and you are ready to serve!