We served this risotto with a tri-tip steak that was marinated with an Asian rub, hoisin & garlic. It had a beautiful char on the outside, with a medium pink inside. Perfection!
Prep/Cook time: 40-45 minutes
What you will need:
6 cups low sodium chicken broth
4-5 baby bella mushrooms (crimini), sliced
2-3 shallots, finely chopped
2 tbs butter, divided
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cup arborio rice
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp of white truffle oil
Salt, pepper to taste
Optional: 1-2 tbs of chopped chives for garnish
1. In a medium sauce pan, bring chicken broth to a simmer.
2. On medium-low heat, heat 1 tbs butter in large saute pan, and saute mushrooms for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove mushrooms and place them on paper towel lined plate.
3. In the same pan, heat olive oil on medium heat and saute shallots for 3-4 minutes, until translucent.
4. Add arborio rice to the pan with the shallots, and stir rice until coated. Add white wine and stir until dissolved.
5. Add one ladle of chicken broth at a time to the rice. Stir constantly until dissolved. Repeat this step until the remainder of the broth is used. (Takes about 20-25 minutes)
6. Stir in parmesan, white truffle oil, mushrooms and remaining tbs of butter. Season with salt & pepper and stir. Optional to garnish with chives.