I am going to bring it back to the first time my soon to be hubby made me dinner. Kevin and I met back in 2012 (match.com success story lol) and the first time he invited me over to his house, he made dinner. I love this story...
So he chose to make boneless pork chops on the BBQ with broccoli and fried rice, which I later found out to be 90 second rice from the bag (HA! Not hating!) -- These cute, little thin chops must've been BBQ'd for 14-15 minutes, about 7-8 minutes too long lol.. I had to really use my jaws to chew these down! Thank goodness his BBQ'd broccoli was fantastic!
The effort was definitely an A+, but he still hasn't quite gotten the hang of cooking pork chops on the barby! I just bought one of those meat thermometers so maybe it will help! ;) Sorry, Kev, I do love ya and your grill marks are EXCEPTIONAL!
I've always heard of blueberry and pork chops being a big hit. I would tweak one thing - next time I would like to leave a few blueberries whole to add to the sauce. A little more texture would've been perfect!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 people
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed
3/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbs unsalted butter
6 bone out pork chops, thin cut
2 tbs Olive Oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
* I served this dish with steamed broccoli and carrots*
Preheat your BBQ (medium heat)
1. Prep your pork. Brush your chops with olive oil and season with salt & pepper on each side.
2. Place blueberries in food processor and chop for a few seconds.
3. Fill a medium sized pot with the balsamic. Using a strainer over the pot, pour in the blueberries and smash until the juice is into the pot with the balsamic, leaving the blueberry skins in the strainer. Heat on medium-low heat until simmering. Reduce sauce, about 15 minutes, stirring often. Start step #4 while sauce is reducing.
4. Grill pork chops for 4 minutes on each side. Let sit for 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove blueberry balsamic sauce from heat and add butter. Let cool 2-3 minutes, then drizzle reduction onto pork.