My favorite part about the wedding planning so far was choosing our menu - I think what we decided on was awesome!! You will have to wait to find out :)
Back to food..
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves 4-6 people
For this recipe I use a small wok and a deep fryer (canola oil for frying).
1 tbs stir fry oil
3/4 cup shredded carrots (can buy them in the bag)
3/4 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
8 oz can of bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1 tbs butter
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 tbs soy sauce, low sodium
1 egg, whisked
Egg roll wrappers (these are found in the produce section, by the mushrooms usually)
Dipping Sauce - I like to use dumpling sauce from the local Chinese place
1. Heat wok on medium high heat. Add stir fry oil to wok and heat until hot.
2. Saute carrots, lettuce, bean sprouts, pepper, and onion until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add butter, salt, pepper and soy sauce. Move vegetables with wooden spoon until well mixed.
3. Remove vegetable mix into a bowl and let cool.
4. Heat oil for frying, 350 degrees.
5. Take one egg roll wrapper at a time. Lay wrapper down in a diamond shape. With a brush, line the outter frame of the wrapper with egg. *The egg will allow the wrappers to close* Place about 3 spoonfuls of the vegetable mixture on the lower bottom of the wrapper.
Begin to gently roll wrapper - once you are about half way, fold the corner side edges towards the center and continue to roll all the way. *SEE PICS BELOW*
6. Fry 4 to 5 egg rolls at a time for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
I like to cut the egg rolls in half when serving, making them easier to grab and dip.