Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Serves: 2-4 people
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
2-3 tbs olive oil, in a small dish
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup baby spinach
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
6 oz Gruyere cheese, shredded
8 flour tortillas
* I used this quesadilla maker but you can use a fry pan as well *
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. On a greased baking sheet, place a single layer of the sweet potatoes. Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
3. Using a brush, spread olive oil on top of sweet potatoes.
4. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until soft. You can use a fork to check for softness.
5. While your potatoes are baking, preheat a saute pan with 1 tbs olive oil. Once hot, saute spinach for 2-3 minutes, or until wilted. Remove spinach.
6. Using the same pan, saute red onion for 2-3 minutes.
7. Build your quesadillas. Using one tortilla, place layer of sweet potato - add spinach and red onion - top with Gruyere cheese. Place second tortilla on top and cook in quesadilla maker (or fry pan) for 2 minutes. * If you are using a fry pan, flip tortilla after one minute.
Ready to serve!