I would prefer this recipe as an appetizer - the wonton sheets are small - you can always use egg roll sheets as they are quite larger.
Serves 12-15 small tacos
1 package of wonton sheets
1 package chicken breast tenderloins, chopped into bite size pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper
2 tbs butter
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1 cup dry slaw
2 tbs olive oil
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup cashews, crushed
2 tbs Asian sesame Salad dressing
2 Scallions, finely chopped
*Cilantro is optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take a large casserole dish and spray the edges - you may want to use two so that you can bake more wontons at a time. Lay the wontons in half to make a triangular shape around the rim of the dish. Bake for 4 minutes and remove. (Example below)
3. Heat oil and saute onions for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Add in cashews and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
4. In the wok, warm onion, cashews, chicken and teriyaki sauce. Mix well.
5. In a bowl, mix slaw with salad dressing (and cilantro if you choose) and microwave for 1 minute.
6. Carefully fill each wonton with chicken, then slaw. On a greased baking sheet, lay filled wontons on their side and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Top each taco with scallions.
*Instead of doing step 6, I used our deep fryer. I fried each wonton for 15-20 seconds until golden brown and bubbled. Then I filled each and was ready to serve.