Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serving: 4 people
3 tbs oliveoil (1 tbs separated)
1 lb your favorite kind of mushroom(s), thinly sliced
4 cups Chicken Broth (Prefer less sodium)
1 shallot, diced
1 cup Arborio Rice
1/3 cup white wine
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 tbs butter
2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
* Salt, pepper and Scallions/Chives to garnish
1. Warm broth in sauce pan on very low heat.
2. In a large saute pan, heat 2 tbs olive oil on medium-high heat and saute mushrooms for a few minutes until soft.Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat remainder of olive oil on medium heat. Saute shallots for 1 minute, then add rice and stir well for about 2 minutes. Add white wine and stir until completely absorbed.
4. Pour the warm broth into a measuring cup and add 1/2 cup at a time until each 1/2 cup is fully absorbed. You must stir continuously until all broth is used. When there is 1 cup of broth left, add your frozen peas. This step will take about 20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and scallions.
Ready to serve. Compliments fish very well so I served this with Grilled Swordfish and sweet corn on the cob.