Yummy! Meatball time!
These Asian style meatballs were delightful. Hoisin sauce is a favorite in our house, so I hope you all enjoy the recipe we created!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 20-25 meatballs
**I serve these over white rice**
1.5 lb ground beef (85% lean)
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 scallions, thinly chopped
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 tbs soy sauce (low sodium)
1 large egg
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 tbs soy sauce (low sodium)
1/3 cup teriyaki (low sodium)
1 tbs sherry cooking wine
Toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
Scallions, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a larger bowl, mix together (with your hands) the beef, garlic, scallions, salt & pepper, soy sauce, egg and breadcrumbs. Form golf ball sized balls with the mixture and place on baking tray.
3. Bake meatballs in oven for 9 minutes, turn them over, and bake for an additional 9 minutes. (18 minutes total).
4. When meatballs are just about done, mix hoisin, soy sauce, teriyaki, and sherry together in a bowl. Heat a wok or medium sized sauce pan on medium heat.
5. Once wok/pan is hot, add in sauce and heat for about 1 minute. Lower heat, add meatballs to sauce and mix until all are coated.
Add sesame seeds & scallions to garnish. Serve over white rice, or by themselves for an appetizer.