Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
For the tacos...
4 boneless chicken breasts
2 tbs Cajun seasoning
2 tbs onion powder
2 tbs Italian seasoning
2 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
Olive Oil (around half cup)
Canola Oil (about 1/2 cup)
*optional: 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce
For the salsa...
1 1/2 cup pineapple, cut into bite size pcs
2 small orange peppers (remove seeds/stem), chopped
2 small red peppers (remove seeds/stem), chopped
5-6 jalapeno slices, chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbs lime juice
1 tbs cilantro
2. In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning, onion powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix together. Coat chicken with HALF of the mixed seasoning. Save half of the seasoning for later.
3. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.*Do step 4 while Chicken is baking* Remove from oven and shred.
4. While Chicken is baking - prepare your pineapple salsa. Mix pineapple, peppers, jalapenos, sea salt, lime juice and cilantro together. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
5. Heat small amount of olive oil in large saute pan on medium heat. Saute onion for 5 minutes, then add garlic and saute for an additional minute. Add in shredded chicken with the remaining seasoning.
*Because the chicken looked a bit "dry" for lack of a better word, I drizzled 1/4 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce.
6. Heat canola oil in medium size fry pan on medium-high heat. Fry corn tortilla shells for about a minute on each side. Here is what I did to get them in the taco shell shape... I placed a rolling pin across the length of my sink with a paper towel on it. This drained the grease while shaping the taco shell. You can also use a thin cup or other cylinder-like object. ** SEE BELOW FOR EXAMPLE PICS
7. Fill you taco shells with chicken, then top with pineapple salsa.
Served these tacos with tostones (fried bananas) which we deep fried in our Oster deep fryer.
Tostones/Fried Banana Recipe here