Time: 35-40 minutes
1 box of a small pasta (Tubetti works good)
1 tbs butter
1-2 tbs flour
16 oz block of velveeta cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 head broccoli, steamed and cut into bite size pieces
1 sleeve ritz crackers, crushed (crush inside zip lock bag)
1. Boil pot of water with salt. Cook tubetti (or other pasta) according to box.
2. While pasta is cooking, steam broccoli for 6-8 minutes.
3. In medium size pan, melt butter - then add flour. This creates a roux, which is a sauce thickener. Once the mixture starts thickening, slowly stir in milk on medium heat. Let heat stirring frequently. Chop velveeta into cubes and add to mixture until cheese in melted.
4. Add cheese sauce and broccoli to pasta. Stir well.
5. Fill each ramekin (or casserole dish) and cover the top with crushed ritz crackers. If using ramekins, place on baking sheet.
6. Bake on 400 degrees for 20 minutes. I like to broil for 1 minute at the end to really crisp the top.