I also made Rice Krispies treats and threw on some chopped peanut butter cups. Both recipes are found below.
For the brownies:
1 box Fudge brownies (usually 2 eggs, water, oil etc)
3/4 cup toffee bits
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tbs butter
1 1/2 cup rice krispies cereal
*optional: I added in 3 jumbo marshmallows
1. Prepare brownies according to box. Set timer for 5 minutes less than recommended.
2. Once timer goes off, add toffee bits on top and continue baking for the remaining 5 minutes.
3. While the brownies are finishing, in a medium pot on medium-low heat melt the butter, chocolate chips, peanut butter, *jumbo marshmallows. Then add in Rice Krispies. Spread this mixture on top of brownies once they are finished baking.
4. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then place in refrigerator for 2 hours +. Ready to cut & serve!
Peanut butter Rice Krispies Treats
3 tbs butter
1 bag marshmallows (20-24 oz) - I used Jumbo
6 cups Rice krispies
12-14 Reeses PB cups, cut into 4's
1. In a large pot on LOW heat, melt butter, and marshmallows. When mixture is smooth, without bumps - add in your rice krispies. Mix well.
2. Coat square pan with cooking spray. Add in rice krispies and use wax paper to spread evenly in pan. ** I use spray butter on the wax paper before smushing down the rice krispies. It comes off pretty easily & allows you to add the peanut butter cups on top.
3. Place treats in refrigerator for 1 hour + before serving.