You will need:
3 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pcs
3/4 cup of Cornstarch
3 eggs, beaten
Salt & Pepper
1 cup of Olive Oil
For the Sauce:
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1 tbs soy sauce (low sodium)
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tsp garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cut chicken into bite size pieces (about 1 inch) & season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Dip chicken into cornstarch, then the egg wash.
3. Heat oil in large skillet and cook the chicken until browned.
4. Place chicken in single layer in baking dish.
Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour sauce over chicken - turning the pieces so that the sauce coats all sides. Place baking dish in oven for 15 minutes, then flip over the chicken bites and bake for another 15 minutes.
Chinese Style Broccoli:
It has the perfect tenderness but also has the perfect hardness at the same time. To achieve this, I filled up pot with about 1 inch of water. Bring to boil. Place broccoli in pot with cover on and steam for 2 minutes.
Pour broccoli into strainer and then quickly into a bowl filled with ice water. This shocks the broccoli and gets it to quickly stop cooking. Once strained with no ice, I placed broccoli into baking dish with chicken and sauce for the last 5 minutes in the oven. This will get the broccoli coated in the sauce and heated.
* At the time of placing broccoli in, I also added chopped scallions to the dish.
*Couscous went well with this dish - as will any rice too.